Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Pillar of Mental

I did not get a chance to continue my writing or even my reading much as I just got on to my new job and re-starting my academic semester. All my evenings are almost packed with something. I guess I am still trying to squeeze some time here to update what I have read so far.

I have caught up with the next pillar with James talking about Mental strength. The ability to control your emotions gives you tremendous power to change the quality of your experiences, the quality of your results and the quality of your life. In my own relation, I would like to think that this is part of self-cultivation and improving the way you carry yourself. As the book reads, owning your own emotions is important and we start off with appreciating that our experience in life has nothing to do with external events. We are the ones who gave meaning to these events based on the emotions we put in. I recall at times I am swearing at slow drivers or inconsiderate ones on the road and often it results me getting impatient. I have since calmed myself better and just sway my head but just accepts that every day there would be new drivers on the road. So it means I just have to keep a look for these people and serve as a reminder to be more careful on the road. But I did not have an easy time trying to achieve this but it helps me better each day and I can control my emotions better.

I would want to continue on the next pillar on physical but I guess this will be left to my next writing. This book is really interesting and like I mention early, it brings great self cultivation for sure, a wealth which will truly own by you or me for long time to come....

No comments: