Monday, June 23, 2008

My First Post

I started this blog with the intention to share what I have read. Unfortunately, I have planned for 2 weeks and yet to get started till now. Nevertheless, finally I have.

I started to pick up reading recently, with advice from friends, lecturers and the urge to make some personal improvements. The first book after so many years which I started was on economics and I lost the book on a bus without even have the chance to finish it.

The second book which I got started about 2 weeks ago was Harmonic Wealth by James Arthur Ray. This is a book from the author to share his concept on harmonic wealth achieve through the 5 key pillars in life – Financial, Relational, Mental, Physical and Spiritual. I have only completed half of the book so far but was already very motivated to finish it as soon as possible.

The first pillar was talking about Financial Wealth. In order for one to be making the money that we wanted, are we ready for that? Do we have the personality, character, discipline, etc to handle and live in it?

One of my favourite phrase in the book – “you cannot give what you don’t have, if you want to give more, you have to become more”. Why do we need to give more and become more? Well I think its better to read the book to understand better.

No comments: